Fill the World With Joy

I wanted to write something positive and hopeful and, yet, I kept coming back to our perilous world. Still, I was determined to express hope for the future. Usually, I start out with a phrase in my head and the rest seems to flow quite easily. For some reason, I struggled with this one. In fact, it took several weeks to complete. Today, sadly, it is fantasy, but, I like it; I like its message.

I’m walking  on a mountain trail, through valleys thick with maple and oak.
The warm sun shares bright blue sky with white cotton pillow clouds.
My heart is free, My head is clear, My life is filled with joy. 
From oceans blue and mountains green, There is peace upon the land,
for every boy & girl, every mom & dad all around the world.
Their lives are free, Their futures clear.Their days are filled with joy.
It’s just a dream, I know that’s true,
But I was born to dream. I dream of hope and pray for peace.
No babies born to die of hunger.
This dream is free, the vision clear.
So walk with me and let's join our hands.
Let’s make this dream come true.
Refuse the fight.
Let’s make things right, And help our fellow man.
This dream is free, our way is clear.
Let’s fill the world with joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woodstock, Sort Of.......

BRANDO

The Rose