Command Performance; Oily Edition

Command Performance;
Oily Edition
©2010 by LeeZard

The phone rang the other morning and LeeZard was both shocked and elated to hear from a dear old friend.

“There was an old blogger who lived on a lake,
So busy he had no time to take.
I waited and waited.
My breath it was bated.
So, I called to see if he’s awake.”

“Mother Goose,” I almost shrieked, “it’s been too long. I’ve been meaning to call but I have been busy.”

“I know and I forgive you, I do.
“But things are getting so bad out there,
I flew here on a wing and a prayer
With the hope of writing a thing or two.”

“In other words,” she concluded, “it’s the oily bird that’s getting screwed.

Well, I couldn’t say no to my favorite guest columnist so, without further ado, take it away MG!

---
Oil oil from state to state
It’s turned the Gulf sticky.
But I know BP will skate
And that makes me feel icky.



The oil companies stuck together,
They thought any storm they could weather.
But when BP’s well bled,
It’s corporate pals fled,
Hoping to keep their tax breaks forever.

Little Miss Moffitt,
Sat on her Toffitt (whatever the hell that is)
Despite the big spill
BP will still profit.





Humpty Dumpty sat on the beach.
Humpty Dumpty knew he shouldn’t preach.
But all the king’s horses
And all the king’s men
Screwed it up again and again.

Hey diddle diddle
This is no time to fiddle
The Gulf is near ruin.
Make BP clean it
And make sure that you mean it
So we’re not sittin’ here stewin’.









BP PRODUCTS TO BOYCOTT (IN THE USA - from BP's site - let me know if I missed anything):
  • BP GAS STATIONS (NOTE: BP merged with Amoco in 1998. BP has eliminated virtually all AMOCO stations in the U.S.)
  • ARCO GAS STATIONS (WESTERN U.S.)
  • AM/PM MINI MARTS - FRANCHISES AT ARCO & BP STATIONS
  • CASTROL MOTOR OIL




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woodstock, Sort Of.......

The Rose

BRANDO